Benefits of Being Bilingual
Learning a second language at an early age...
- Has a positive effect on intellectual
- Enriches and enhances a child's mental
- Leaves students with more flexibility in
greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Improves a child's understanding of
his/her native language.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate
with people s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Opens the door to other cultures and
helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Gives a student a head start in language
requirements for college.
- Increases job opportunities in many
careers where knowing another language is a real asset.